Solid State Drives (SSD) are very fast and reliable as compared to traditional hard drives. However, they are quite expensive and thus most of the modern Apple computers include 64 GB or 128 GB of SSDs. This is a very less space for a general use computer and can face space problems. Sometimes, when you start applications, such as Entourage, you may encounter memory errors. Such problems can also lead to database corruption and put you in need of Entourage recovery solutions.
The following scenarios explain the problem in much detail:
- You have a computer with 64 GB SSD, which you use to store emails, documents, and spreadsheets.
- When you attempt to start Microsoft Entourage E-mail client to access your emails, you get the following error message:
“your startup disk is almost full”
- When you check the Entourage database size, it shows more than 20 GB, which is very large database size.
- When you remove some data and start the application again, you face the same problem. The error message occurs, even if you have almost 10 GB of free disk space.
This situation indicates database corruption and you have to opt for Entourage database repair solutions to get your critical Entourage items back.
The problem seems to be caused by a failed rebuild process. When the Rebuild process fails, the Identity may get multiple databases. Such issues occur when the database is severely damaged and the Rebuild process cannot fix it.
You can get rid of this problem by:
- Rebuilding the database on an External hard drive as the Database Utility needs plenty of free disk space to rebuild the database.
- Restore the database from the most recent backup. The backup can be either in RGE or an MBOX file. Time Machine backups are not reliable and can also damage the database.
- Use third-party database recovery applications to repair and restore the damaged Entourage database.
Such commercial tools are capable of extracting all inaccessible and unusable data from the database and restore it in original state. They offer safe, quick, and absolute recovery of all your precious data.
Are you facing corruption problem with your Microsoft Entourage database? Is your Entourage database inaccessible and you are not able to use your critical data? This is a very common and serious issue that many Entourage user face while using this E-mail client and personal information manager. To deal with this problem and perform Entourage recovery, Microsoft Office for Mac includes Database Utility.
The Database Utility has a feature called Rebuild that makes a damaged Entourage database accessible again. It works in most of the database corruption situations. However, you should not use it in all corruption scenarios. Following are the most frequent problems, which can be fixed by rebuilding the Entourage database:
- Entourage does not start, quits unexpectedly, or stops responding.
- You cannot open Entourage items, or the opened items are not the ones you selected.
- You see blank lines in between the Entourage messages or contacts.
- Entourage does not display the contact entries correctly.
- The search results are not correct. It does not match the search criteria.
- The application displays corruption error messages, which makes data inaccessible.
When you run across the below situations, you need Entourage database recovery solutions to get your critical data back.
Follow the below mentioned steps to rebuild an Entourage database using the Database Utility:
- Close all Microsoft Office for Mac applications. You can do it by restarting your Mac.
- Check the free space on your Mac OS X hard drive. Rebuild may fail if disk does not have space.
- Detect and backup the current Entourage identity. It avoids further corruption to the database.
- Hold down the Option key and start Entourage. It opens the Database Utility window.
- Select your Database on the screen and click Rebuild database. You can check the process on the screen.
- You get the “Your database was successfully rebuilt” message after successful completion of the rebuild operation.
This option is helpful in various corruption scenarios; however it does not guarantee complete recovery. In order to deal with issues that Rebuilding cannot fix, you can use third-party database recovery applications. Such tools are capable of extracting all inaccessible data using advanced recovery algorithms.