Are you facing corruption problem with your Microsoft Entourage database? Is your Entourage database inaccessible and you are not able to use your critical data? This is a very common and serious issue that many Entourage user face while using this E-mail client and personal information manager. To deal with this problem and perform Entourage recovery, Microsoft Office for Mac includes Database Utility.
The Database Utility has a feature called Rebuild that makes a damaged Entourage database accessible again. It works in most of the database corruption situations. However, you should not use it in all corruption scenarios. Following are the most frequent problems, which can be fixed by rebuilding the Entourage database:
- Entourage does not start, quits unexpectedly, or stops responding.
- You cannot open Entourage items, or the opened items are not the ones you selected.
- You see blank lines in between the Entourage messages or contacts.
- Entourage does not display the contact entries correctly.
- The search results are not correct. It does not match the search criteria.
- The application displays corruption error messages, which makes data inaccessible.
When you run across the below situations, you need Entourage database recovery solutions to get your critical data back.
Follow the below mentioned steps to rebuild an Entourage database using the Database Utility:
- Close all Microsoft Office for Mac applications. You can do it by restarting your Mac.
- Check the free space on your Mac OS X hard drive. Rebuild may fail if disk does not have space.
- Detect and backup the current Entourage identity. It avoids further corruption to the database.
- Hold down the Option key and start Entourage. It opens the Database Utility window.
- Select your Database on the screen and click Rebuild database. You can check the process on the screen.
- You get the “Your database was successfully rebuilt” message after successful completion of the rebuild operation.
This option is helpful in various corruption scenarios; however it does not guarantee complete recovery. In order to deal with issues that Rebuilding cannot fix, you can use third-party database recovery applications. Such tools are capable of extracting all inaccessible data using advanced recovery algorithms.