It is highly recommended to create regular backup of the Entourage database to protect it from corruption. However, some users do not backup the database and face corruption issues. Such problems need Entourage database repair solutions to work around the problem.
Finding out the corruption is a very important step in saving the database from further corruption and data loss. There are various symptoms, like the following ones, which tell you about the damage:
- You cannot open and see the database items.
- Entourage receives or shows blank emails, without any text.
- Emails are stuck in your account and you are not able to delete them.
- The application does not open or it freezes while opening and gives error message.
- There are some big gray blank areas of almost 3-4 lines in freezes the application when you click on them.
This list of symptoms goes on and on. Whenever you come of know about corruption, you should stop using the e-mail client and opt for Entourage repair solutions.
Microsoft Entourage might work without any problems, even if the database is damaged. You have to find out the database corruption using the following methods:
- Verify Database Integrity- The easiest step to detect database corruption is to use Database Utility to verify the database. You can launch the tool by holding down the Option key while starting the application.
- Export Database as RGE File- Even if the Database Utility does not detect any problem, this is not absolutely sure that the database is not damaged. To ensure this, you should export the database as an Entourage archive. If the process fails, database might be damaged.
- Export Database as MBOX Files- This step gives you complete assurance that the database is working perfectly. Export Entourage databases to MBOX files by dragging one folder at a time to your desktop.
In case you detect corruption using any of the above methods, you need to work around it using any of the following methods:
- Restore the database from recent backup
- Rebuild the database using Database Utility, if backup is not available
- Repair the corrupt database and restore it to original format using third-party recovery tools
The commercial applications are designed to retrieve inaccessible database objects in all situations of corruption. They are designed to perform absolute scan of the damaged Identity and extract emails, notes, tasks, contacts, calendar entries, and other database objects.