Microsoft Office for Mac is the most popular productivity application suite for both professional as well as home computer users. The 2004 and 2008 version of MS Office for Mac includes a useful E-mail client, called Microsoft Entourage. It has a number of advanced features, which makes the personal information manager different from other similar applications. Entourage stores data in a reliable database, which is less prone to corruption. However, there are some application related errors that make your data inaccessible and put you in need of Entourage recovery solutions.
Consider the below scenario, which occurs while accessing Microsoft Entourage application, to better understand the situation:
- When you start Microsoft Entourage application on your Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard operating system based computer, you run across the following error message:
Microsoft Entourage cannot be opened because of a problem.
Check with the developer to make sure Microsoft Entourage works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.
- After the above error message, Entourage application and all its data becomes inaccessible.
This issue can lead to data loss and require Entourage database repair to be fixed.
Following are the two most common reasons of this problem:
- You have accidentally moved or duplicated the Office program.
- Entourage database is corrupted and the application cannot find required information to start.
Go for any of the following solutions to correct this problem, depending on the cause of the issue:
- Check if the Office 2008 or 2004 folder is in Applications folder. If it is not there, then the problem is because Office program is moved. Locate the Office folder and move it to Applications folder.
- If the path is correct and you are still getting the error, try reinstalling the application and restoring the database from backup.
If a valid backup is not available, then you need to opt for third-party recovery tools. Such applications are particularly designed to extract emails, tasks, notes, contacts, attachments, and other items from the damaged and inaccessible Entourage database.