Microsoft Entourage is an efficient and feature-rich personal information management application and E-mail client from Microsoft. It has a wide range of features, which include sending files as an attachment to a contact or group of contacts. This feature is very handy for the users who share reports, presentations, documents, and other files frequently. However, there are some situations, where the attachments become inaccessible due to corruption and lead to severe data loss. At this point in time, you need to opt for effective Entourage repair solutions to retrieve your valuable data.
As a practical example of this problem with your Microsoft Entourage account, consider the below mentioned problems that occurs while accessing your emails:
- When you log into your Entourage account, it works fine and you can send\receive emails without any error.
- When you attempt to open email attachments, you cannot do that because the attachments are grayed out.
- If you create a new Entourage user account and try to access attachments, they open perfectly and allow you to save the attachments to your local drive.
This behavior of the application leads to serious data loss and you are required to use high-end Entourage recovery solutions to get them back.
Cause of the problem
This issue most frequently happens due to any of the following reasons:
- Microsoft Entourage or Microsoft Office preferences are corrupted.
- Microsoft Entourage database is severely damaged and the application is unable to read it.
How to fix it?
This problem can be handled very effectively using the below methods:
- Remove Microsoft Entourage and Microsoft Office preferences and restart the application.
- Create a new user and move all your data to the new user. It fixes user account related problems.
- Use Database Utility to repair and restore corrupted MS Entourage database.
- Retrieve inaccessible data using third-party recovery application.
The tools are particularly developed to help you get all your Entourage database objects, such as emails, attachments, notes, contacts, and projects, back after severe corruption. They are best suitable for all major versions of the application, such as Entourage 2008 and 2004.